warden n : the chief official in charge of a prison [syn: warder]
a chief administrative officer of a prison
an official charged with supervisory duties
- Russian смотритель (smotrítel’)
Warden may refer to:
- University's such as the University of Chichester Employs Senior students to act as liaison between the university and its 'Freshmen' Students. They are responsible for Student welfare and help mediate student disputes. They also communicate information between the University and Students and vice versa such as Maintenance that needs undertaking.
- Warden (Masonic), a ruling member in a Masonic Lodge
- Churchwarden, a lay officer in an Anglican or Episcopal church
- Game warden, an officer empowered to enforce the hunting and trapping laws of a jurisdiction
- Park Warden, an officer who enforces acts protecting parks or national parks
- An Air Raid Precautions Warden who helped protect citizens in WWII
- Warden, Australia A town in Western Australia.
United States of America
warden in German: Warden
warden in Dutch: Warden
air warden, alderman, archon, attendant, bailie, bull, burghermaster, burgomaster, cabinet member, cabinet minister, caretaker, castellan, cerberus, chancellor, chief executive, chief executive officer, city councilman, city father, city manager, commandant, commissar, commissioner, concierge, conservator, councillor, councilman, councilwoman, county commissioner, county supervisor, curator, custodian, custos, dean, doorkeeper, doorman, elder, executive, executive director, executive officer, executive secretary, forest ranger, game warden, gamekeeper, gaoler, gatekeeper, governor, guard, guardian, guardian angel, headman, induna, jailer, janitor, keeper, legislator, lifeguard, lifesaver, lord mayor, magistrate, maire, management, managing director, mayor, minister, minister of state, next friend, officer, official, ostiary, porter, portreeve, prefect, president, prexy, principal keeper, prison guard, prochein ami, provost, ranger, receptionist, reeve, screw, secretary, secretary of state, selectman, shepherd, steward, supervisor, syndic, the administration, treasurer, turnkey, undersecretary, usher, vice-chancellor, vice-president, warder, watchdog